UCF has released its schedule for the 2018 football season.
Here you go, people:
2018 UCF Football Schedule
|August 30||Thursday||UConn||East Hartford, CT||TBD||3-9 (2-6)|
Last AAC East
Last year: Won 49-24
|September 8||Saturday||South Carolina State||Spectrum Stadium||TBD||3-7 (2-6)|
2016: Won 38-0
|September 15||Saturday||North Carolina||Chapel Hill, NC||TBD||3-9 (1-7)|
Last ACC Coastal
|September 21||Friday||FAU||Spectrum Stadium||TBD||11-3 (8-0)|
2003: Won 33-29
|September 29||Saturday||Pittsburgh||Spectrum Stadium||TBD||5-7 (3-5)|
4th ACC Coastal
2006: Lost 52-7
|October 6||Saturday||SMU||Spectrum Stadium||TBD||7-6 (4-4)|
4th AAC West
Last year: Won 31-24
|October 13||Saturday||Memphis||Memphis, TN||TBD||10-3 (7-1)|
1st AAC West
Last year: Won 40-13, 62-55 in AACCG
|October 20||Saturday||East Carolina||Greenville, NC||TBD||3-9 (2-6)|
4th AAC East
Last Year: Won 63-21
|October 27||Saturday||BYE WEEK|
|November 1||Thursday||Temple||Spectrum Stadium||TBD||7-6 (4-4)|
3rd AAC East
Last year: Won 45-19
|November 10||Saturday||Navy||Spectrum Stadium||TBD||7-6 (4-4)|
3rd AAC West
Last year: Won 31-21
|November 17||Saturday||Cincinnati||Spectrum Stadium||TBD||4-8 (2-6)|
5th AAC East
Last Year: Won 51-23
|November 23||Friday||South Florida||Tampa, FL||TBD||10-2 (6-2)|
2nd AAC East
Last year: Won 49-42
|December 1||Saturday||AAC Championship Game||TBD||TBD||Won vs. Memphis, 62-55 (OT)||1-0
Won last year
Bold denotes American Athletic Conference game.
Some initial takeaways on this:
- Seven home games, five away.
- A Thursday night conference opener on the road?? BOOOOO!
- Actually, it’s the first time UCF has ever opened the season with a road conference game
- There are two Thursday games and two Friday games
- The bye week is the weekend of October 27th. Remember that last year the bye week was supposed to be the weekend of October 28th, but that got filled up by the Austin Peay game after Hurricane Irma wiped out two home dates and the Memphis game got moved.
- FAU is back on the schedule for the first time since 2003. THE LANE TRAIN IS COMING.
- The War on I-4 is scheduled once again for Black Friday.
- Family Weekend is set for the Pitt game (September 29th)
- Homecoming will be November 10th vs. Navy
- UCF doesn’t have to leave the state after October 20th, which is nice from a weather perspective.
- AAC cross-over opponents this year are Memphis, Navy and SMU.
- Combined 2018 opponents’ record last year: 73-75.
- One guaranteed TV game (Thursday, November 1 vs. Temple), although you can rest assured there will be more, starting with the Thursday night opener at UConn.
Remember that kick-off times are not set yet, and many will not be determined until ten days out from kick-off.
We’ll break this down more on the Black & Gold Banneret Podcast this week. But for now, mark your calendars.