Here are the dates and opponents with some notes (NOTE: Times have not been released for any games just yet):
2016 UCF Football Schedule
|September 3||Sat.||South Carolina State||HOME||7-4||1-0|
|September 10||Sat.||Michigan||Ann Arbor, Mich.||10-3||1st Meeting|
|September 17||Sat.||Maryland||HOME||3-9||1st Meeting|
|September 24||Sat.||FIU||Miami, Fla.||5-7||2-2|
|October 1||Sat.||East Carolina||Greenville, N.C.||5-7||4-10|
|October 22||Sat.||UConn||Storrs, Conn.||6-7||1-2|
|October 29||Sat.||Houston||Houston, Texas||13-1||5-2|
|November 5||BYE WEEK|
|November 26||Sat.||South Florida||Tampa, Fla.||8-5||2-5|
|December 3||Sat.||AAC Championship Game||TBD||-||-|
- Only one game is currently scheduled for a non-Saturday date (Friday, October 7th at home vs. Tulane).
- Combined records of home opponents: 36-39
- Combined records of road opponents: 47-30
- The Cincinnati game is both schools’ first-ever meeting in Orlando.
- Three opponents are coming of double-digit win seasons (Michigan, Temple and Houston).
- Two non-conference games are against Big Ten opponents (Michigan and Maryland).
- Family Weekend is September 17th vs. Maryland.
- Homecoming is October 15th vs. Temple.
- The Tulane game (because it’s on a Friday) will likely be televised on ESPN2 or ESPNU.
- The lack of mid-week games on national TV is a function of UCF going 0-12 last year.
I alluded to this on The Knightline Podcast last Friday, but based on a cursory examination of the schedule, here’s how I’m predicting the slate will go for UCF, six and a half long months ahead of time:
Likely Wins: South Carolina St., FIU, Tulane, Tulsa,
Likely Losses: Michigan, Houston
Toss-ups: Maryland, East Carolina, Temple, UConn, Cincinnati, South Florida
So the worst-case scenario I’m looking at here is 4-8, while the stars-and-planets-aligning-everything-going-right-four-leaf-clover-in-our-armor best-case scenario could be as good as 10-2.
What say you? Tell us exactly which games you think UCF will win in 2016 in the poll below (You can select more than one, of course).