After Frost, A.D. Danny White and UCF President Dr. John Hitt made statements and took questions, we scored a quick one-on-on with Coach Frost (Thanks to Brian Ormiston and Andy Seeley for that). Here it is:
Here's the full audio of the press conference, courtesy of UCF Athletics:
You can read a transcript of the press conference here.
I got in a question during the presser about UCF's recruiting issues in Central and South Florida. UCF was nice enough (Thanks, guys!) to pull the video clip of Coach Frost's answer here:
Here are a few more interesting quotes from Coach Frost and Danny White.
On why UCF:
Danny White on how UCF and Frost will assemble a staff:
On how the offense works:
On choosing the right opportunity to go after as a head coach:
Here's my favorite:
A few notes:
- Frost might sound low-key, but he sold his offense throughout the morning. This is music to fans' (and recruits') ears.
- Frost essentially starts immediately. Based on what he said, he will likely not coach Oregon in their bowl game.
- UCF released the terms of Frost's contract agreement (not the contract itself). I'm combing through that tonight.
- Props go to Andy Seeley, Brian Ormiston, Megan Herboth, Eric DeSalvo and the rest of the UCF Communications staff for pulling everything together in such short notice. Another flawless event.
- Danny White is doing two jobs at once - Finishing up at Buffalo and running things at UCF. I think he has a twin that we don't know about who is helping him.
- On a personal note, and make of this what you will, but it was nice to see some old friends again today with smiles on their faces. There was a palpable positive energy that I haven't seen or felt in a while from them. That was nice.
The buzz was back in the air at UCF this morning. Frost said all of the right things. He gets it. Then again, a guy who played for Walsh, Osborne, Parcells, Belichick, Gruden and Kelly certainly would.
Now the hard part starts.
Welcome, Coach Frost!