It’s time for the 2022 Black & Gold Banneret Awards!
Each year we pass out a bunch of awards honoring the best athletes, coaches, teams, and moments of the previous UCF Knights athletic year. Our staff votes, and so do you, the fans.
Here’s how it works: We, the staff, put together our nominees for each award. You can listen to our nominations podcast episode here. Over the next couple of weeks, we will open fan voting for each award. Each staff member gets one vote, and the winner of the fan vote will get one vote. If there is a tie, the fan vote will be the tiebreaker. We will announce the winners in two weeks.
Our 2022 Black & Gold Banneret Awards continue with the Men’s Senior of the Year award. Here are your nominees:
Cole Schneider — Football
• Appeared in and started all 13 games
• Started at offensive guard 12 times and center once
• Earned second-team All-AAC honors from Pro Football Focus and Pro Football Network, honorable mention All-AAC accolades from the league’s coaches, and third-team All-AAC honors from Phil Steele
Noah Orlando — Baseball
- Played in 54 of 60 games (Stared 46), .322 batting average
- 5th in the AAC in On-Base Percentage
- 2nd in the AAC in Stolen Bases (20), only behind Gephry Pena
- 12th in the AAC in Batting Average
- 3rd on the team in Home Runs (8)
- Played 2B, 3B, SS, LF, RF, and DH
Teddy Tetak — Golf
- Voted unanimously to All-AAC team
- Finished Tied for 7th individually in AAC Tournament (-6)
- Played in 8 of 11 tournaments, 71.88 scoring average
- Finished 3rd as part of UCF’s 1-2-3 individual finish in the Hartford Hawks Invitational
- Tallied one Top 5, two Top 10, and three Top 20 individual finishes
Mauricio Villalobos — Soccer
- Team captain
- Named to the American Athletic Conference’s All-Conference Second Team.
- Named to the American Athletic Conference’s weekly honor roll on 10/18.
- Recorded a career-high in goals scored, assists and points, scoring twice with five assists for a total of nine points.
- Was the fifth-highest scorer on the team in 2021.
- Played and started in 16 of UCF’s 17 matches, recording 1,383 minutes.
- Scored goals against No. 24 SMU (10/16) and South Florida (10/27).
When is the 2022 Men’s Senior of the Year?
This poll is closed