Here are your instant reactions:
1. The running game was unstoppable. The Knights put up 385 yards on the ground, and that was with Greg McCrae sidelined, and with Adrian Killins Jr. going down to an injury as well:
2. Give it up for the defense. After a tight first half, Randy Shannon’s unit came out with its hair on fire in the second half. The Knights gave up just 19 yards and nabbed two turnovers (both of them interceptions by Aaron Robinson) in the second half. Temple’s longest drive after halftime was 11 yards.
3. Otis, my man. What a game for Otis Anderson: 205 yards on 17 carries, and one of them was a 37-yard TD. Otis led the charge for He did muff a punt in the first half that led to a Temple TD, but we won’t talk about that.
4. So much for those 3rd quarter woes. How about 28 points, 208 total yards and two turnovers on defense? That good enough?
Stats of the Game
Knights of the Night
- Otis Anderson: 17 carries, a career-high 205 yards, and a TD
- Bentavious Thompson: 10 carries, 87 yards and two TDs
- Johnathan MacCollister: One catch, 4 yards, and his first TD as a Knight
- Aaron Robinson: 4 tackles, one TFL and two interceptions, both in the third quarter
The Houston Cougars (3-5, 1-3 in The American), who lost to #16 SMU Friday night:
Game time at Spectrum Stadium is set for noon next Saturday. And remember, it’s the annual Space Game!