Now that we have the early Signing Period in December, National Signing Day has more or less become an anticlimax. But the UCF Knights still filled a few important needs with the signing of three additional players, finishing out their 2019 signing class.
Head coach Josh Heupel met with the media afterwards to discuss those players and transfer QB Brandon Wimbush:
Today is largely about incoming freshmen, but it was also the first opportunity for the media to ask #UCF HC Josh Heupel about grad transfer QB Brandon Wimbush. Here is some of what Heupel said about Wimbush, who will compete for the starting job this spring. pic.twitter.com/m95CCThleS— Brian Murphy (@Spokes_Murphy) February 6, 2019
Here are the three new players and some video highlights:
OL Lokahi Pauole
6’4”, 320 pounds (Kamehameha High School - Honolulu, Hawai’i)
- Uh, he’s big. And that’s awesome.
- Rivals’ #9 player in Hawai’i, so he’s good.
- And he’s super-athletic, because he was good at basketball at Kamehameha HS too.
Here is is talking with KHON-TV in Hawai’i at his signing ceremony:
#Kamehameha OL Lokahi Pauole to join #Hawaii pipeline at @UCF_Football https://t.co/EaartWTvLE… @lokahi_77 @Ren_Clayton @KSNews #UCF @_dillongabriel_ #10HANA // https://t.co/9oZimTtTXJ pic.twitter.com/bfY3bv1gtX— Rob DeMello (@RobDeMelloKHON) February 6, 2019
DB James Tarver, Jr.
6’, 184 pounds (Raines High School - Jacksonville)
- Member of Raines’ back-to-back state championship squad (‘17 and ‘18)
- 52 tackles, 6 TFLs, 6 interceptions and 10 passes defensed in 2018
- Played safety in high school but UCF lists him as a corner.
Here are some highlights from his senior season:
K Daniel Obarski
6’ 2”, 173 pounds (Hamilton High School - Chandler, Arizona)
- Hit a long of 54 yards last year and another from 51.
- Excellent kickoff guy (37 touchbacks on 49 kickoffs in ‘18).
- Also a pretty good punter (43+ average last season, #63 recruit ranking).
- Also a goalkeeper for the soccer team and played volleyball at Hamilton HS.
How about some kicking camp highlights:
Check out our recap of UCF’s signees from the Early Signing Period.