If you were an NFL Alum-knight, chances are you didn’t play so hot in Week 2.
Week 1 was a strong week for Team Alum-knights as Tre’Quan Smith and Latavius Murray each found the end zone on Monday Night Football, but this week, there were zero Knights who found the end zone.
- SS Clayton Geathers was the only alum to make a true impact. He recorded three tackles in the Colts’ 19-17 win over the Titans.
- Meanwhile, in Houston, TE Jordan Akins had two catches for 25 yards in the Texans’ 13-12 win over the Jaguars. CB A.J. Bouye did not dress and DB Josh Robinson did not record a tackle for Jacksonville.
- Despite combining for two touchdowns last week against the Texans, RB Latavius Murray and WR Tre’Quan Smith were not as productive this week.
- Murray failed to get off the ground, totaling just 23 yards of total offense. Smith found a little more success, gaining 49 yards on three catches — second-most for New Orleans. New Orleans fell to Los Angeles 27-9.
- Kemal Ishmael recorded one tackle in Atlanta’s 24-20 win over Philadelphia.
- Matt Prater missed a field goal and extra point for the Lions today, but the Lions were able to squeak out a 13-10 victory.
- CB Mike Hughes and DT Trysten Hill were inactive for their respective teams.
- Speaking of Hill, he is one of only three UCF Alum-knights to start their season 2-0. The other two are the Griffin twins in Seattle.
- Shaquill showed up on the stat sheet this week with four tackles while Shaquem contributed on special teams.