The UCF Knights will travel to Memphis, Tennessee, this weekend to face the Memphis Tigers in what is expected to be yet another thrilling AAC showdown.
The Knights (2-1, 1-1) are coming off a bye week and a loss to Tulsa. Memphis (1-1, 0-1), also coming off a bye week, lost to SMU on Oct. 3.
Even though Memphis has lost 13 consecutive games to UCF, the 2017 and 2018 AAC championship games have proven that the Knights and Tigers make for good TV. Good enough for yet another slot on ABC — the third of the season for UCF.
Saturday will be the Tigers’ first time in the Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium in six weeks since their home opener against Arkansas State on Sept. 5. The stadium has been approved for loosened COVID-19 restrictions, including 10,000 fans in the stands and social distancing between groups reduced from 12 feet to 6 feet.
Here’s your guide to traveling to Memphis for the game. But the most important thing to remember is to always rep the Black and Gold wherever you are in Tennessee!
UCF at Memphis game information
Game time: 3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT
Location: Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, 335 S Hollywood St, Memphis, TN 38104
Local airport: Memphis International Airport, 2491 Winchester Rd, Memphis, TN 38116
Catching the game somewhere else? Watch the Knights vs. Tigers at 3:30 p.m. on ABC.
As of Wednesday at 8 p.m., The Weather Channel forecast for this weekend in Memphis shows:
Friday: Sunny skies, 0% chance of rain, 64°/42°
Saturday (Game Day!): Mostly sunny skies, 70°/56°, 0% chance of rain during the day, 20% chance of rain at night, winds south-southeast at 10-15 mph, UV index of 5, sunset at 7:22 p.m. ET/6:22 p.m. CT
Sunday: Partly cloudy, 20% chance of rain, 75°/59°
Still need a ticket?
UCF Athletics announced it would not be selling any tickets for away games.
“Fans interested in attending games at other stadiums will need to either purchase tickets directly through the home team’s ticket office or through the secondary market,” UCF Athletics said.
When the Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium loosened its COVID-19 restrictions, Memphis released single game tickets for the five remaining home games this season, but there are no more tickets for UCF’s game available.
Single game tickets are available on StubHub starting at $48. There are no tickets available on TicketMaster or SeatGeek — we checked.
Tailgating is not permitted on Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium property in compliance with Shelby County Health guidelines.
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium: Everything you should know
- Masks are required at all times while on stadium property, including stadium seating, parking lots, concourses, bathrooms and concession stands
- All tickets are digital to ensure touchless entry
- Parking lots open 2 hours prior to kickoff; use your mobile ticket for access to free first come, first serve parking (except for reserved lots)
- Gates open 1.5 hours prior to kickoff; gates are specific to seating section
- The stadium will be divided into quadrants to minimize foot traffic; fans cannot move between quadrants; each quadrant has its own restrooms, concession stands and beer stands
- All concessions will be cashless! Credit or debit card only
- Pregame activities including the Tiger Walk, pregame pep rally, Kids Zone, Tailgate Concert Series and Pipkin Building pregame have been canceled
- Clear bag policy is in effect
On Saturday we will honor the life and legacy of TOM III with a pregame ceremony at the Liberty Bowl. Share your favorite TOM III photos and memories with us below! pic.twitter.com/zZd120Fk3G— Memphis Football (@MemphisFB) October 14, 2020
For more information about the Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium’s game day policies in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines, click here.
Things to do in Memphis
The following hotspots have been recommended by UCF alumni:
- Central BBQ
- Crosstown Concourse
- One & Only BBQ
- Pollard’s Bar-B-Que
- Memphis Barbecue Company
- Overton Square
- Brother Juniper’s
- The Bar-B-Q Shop
- Wiseacre Brewing Co.
Daniella Medina is a contributing writer for Black & Gold Banneret. Follow her on Twitter @danimedinanews.