The Knights (3-1, 2-1) defeated Tulane 34-51 last Saturday at the Bounce House. Houston (2-1, 2-0) is coming off a 37-21 win at Navy.
UCF is 6-3 over Houston in a series that dates back to 2005. The Knights most recently defeated the Cougars last season 44-29.
TDECU Stadium has been approved for 25% capacity for the 2020 season due to COVID-19. That’s an approximate 10,000 fans allowed in the stands.
Here’s your guide for traveling to the Space City. But the most important thing to remember is to always rep the Black and Gold wherever you are in Texas!
UCF at Houston game information
Game time: 2 p.m. ET/1 p.m. CT
Location: TDECU Stadium, 3875 Holman St, Houston, TX 77004
Local airports: George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
UCF threads: Gold helmet, white jersey, gold pants
Catching the game somewhere else? Watch the Knights vs. Cougars at 2 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
As of 11 p.m. Wednesday, the Weather Channel forecast for this weekend in Houston shows:
Friday: Expect sunny skies with a 10% chance of rain. The high is 69° and the low is 47°.
Saturday (game day!): We’re in for a treat! Expect sunny skies with a 10% chance of rain. The high is 71° and the low is 54°. The UV index will be at 6 with 60% humidity. The sun will set at 7:35 p.m. ET/6:35 p.m. CT.
Sunday: Expect partly cloudy skies with a 10% chance of rain. The high is 73° and the low is 49°.
Still need a ticket?
UCF Athletics announced it would not be selling any tickets for away games.
“Fans interested in attending games at other stadiums will need to either purchase tickets directly through the home team’s ticket office or through the secondary market,” UCF Athletics said.
The University of Houston has made single game tickets available to the public. Prices start at $30 in advance or $35 on the day of the game.
Tailgating is not permitted on the University of Houston campus in 2020.
TDECU Stadium: Everything you need to know
- Face masks are required while on university property and inside venues
- Mobile ticketing is in effect to allow for reduced wait lines and quicker access to the stadium; download tickets to digital wallet
- High-frequency sanitizing and disinfecting throughout the stadium, plus additional hand sanitizer dispensers and plexiglass shields at concession stands
- All gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff; more gate information available below
- Cashless options available for concessions, parking lots, merchandise, ticket booths
- Pregame events canceled this season
For more information about the TDECU Stadium’s game day policies in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines, click here.
- sEATz app allows all guests to mobile order select menu items including beer and food to have it directly delivered to their seat in minutes
- Contactless servers will be available in the stands to place orders
- Download the app here
Know your gate
- Sections 232-239, 332-335, loge box 36-42: Schroeder Gate 1 located at northeast corner of stadium at Legends Plaza
- Sections 101-105, 240-242, 301-306, UH students: ICON Gate 2 located at southeast corner of stadium
- Sections 106-112 and all suites: Beth and Dan Bellow Club Entrance located at south side of stadium
- Sections 122-131, 224-231, 323-331, loge box 27-35, UH/UCF guest ticket pickup: Gate 4 located at north side of the stadium
- Sections 113-121, 217-221, 307-315, all guests, media will call: Gate 3 located at southwest corner of the stadium
All parking lots will open 3 hours before kickoff
Parking is available at the regular surface lot (Lot 16) for $10 advanced parking or $20 on the day of the game. Premium stadium garage parking is $30 in advance or $40 on the day of the game. For complete parking information, click here.
Heavy construction will be present near stadium. UH encourages fans to plan ahead and use alternate routes.
Banneret and Houston’s very own Jeremy Brener recommends the following places to visit:
- The Galleria mall
- Williams Tower
- Kenny & Ziggy’s for a good deli brunch
- Torchy’s Tacos for tacos and beer and quesoooooo
- Discovery Green
- Pappas Bar-B-Q
- Truck Yard
- Kirby Ice House
- Anvil Bar & Refuge
Daniella Medina is a contributing writer for Black & Gold Banneret. Follow her on Twitter @danimedinanews.