At long last, here’s our very first NFL #AlumKnight update of the 2020 season, and former UCF Knights got it underway on the very first night of the season:
- TE Jordan Akins scored the first #BuiltByUCF touchdown of the 2020 season with a 19-yard pass in the fourth quarter of the Texans 34-20 loss on Thursday Night Football.
First #BuiltByUCF TD of 2020: Jordan Akins #BuiltByUCF— UCF Football (@UCF_Football) September 11, 2020
@NFL on NBC pic.twitter.com/iJcA0yzlX2
- FB Bruce Miller played his first NFL game since 2015 as the Jaguars beat the Colts 27-20. Miller caught his only target for two yards.
- WR Breshad Perriman made his Jets debut Sunday in a 27-17 loss to the Bills. He caught three passes for just 17 yards.
- WR Gabriel Davis made his NFL debut for the Bills opposite Perriman in the win. Davis drew the start and caught two passes for 16 yards.
- CB A.J. Bouye suffered a shoulder injury in the first half of his Broncos debut. He did not return following the injury as the Broncos fell to the Titans 16-14 on Monday Night Football.
- CB Shaquill Griffin kicked off his 2020 campaign with seven tackles and a pass defensed in a 38-25 win over the Falcons. Griffin trailed only All-Pro Jamal Adams in tackles.
- K Matt Prater knocked down three of his four field goal attempts in a 27-23 loss to the Bears. The Lions surrendered 21 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to lead to the loss.
- CB Mike Hughes recorded seven tackles as the Vikings lost 43-34. With three Vikings CBs from last year no longer in the picture, Hughes’ role should increase for this season.
- RB Latavius Murray led the Saints in carries and rushing yards as they triumphed over Tom Brady’s Buccaneers in New Orleans. Murray carried the ball 15 times for 48 yards in the win.
- WR Tre’Quan Smith caught one pass for four yards in the Saints win.
- DT Trysten Hill began his 2020 campaign on Sunday Night Football and the brand new SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. He recorded four tackles in a loss to the Rams.