Here’s a recap of how UCF Alum-knights performed in the NFL this week:
- Jaguars FB Bruce Miller played in just two snaps on Thursday Night Football in a loss to the Dolphins.
- Bills WR Gabriel Davis had his best NFL performance in his short career. The rookie caught four passes from Josh Allen for 81 yards, including this gem:
That @DavisGB1 toe drag— UCF Football 2- (@UCF_Football) September 27, 2020
@BuffaloBills on Fox pic.twitter.com/2DMlx0KrYv
- Texans TE Jordan Akins took a step back from his career performance last week. Akins caught two passes for 28 yards in a loss to the Vikings.
- Lions K Matt Prater knocked down all four of his field goal attempts, including this game-winner from 39 yards out to beat the undefeated Cardinals on the road. This was Prater’s 16th game-winning field goal of his career:
.@MattPrater_5 called GAME‼️#DETvsAZ | FOX | #OnePride pic.twitter.com/JOyGU6cYM2— Detroit Lions (@Lions) September 27, 2020
- Cowboys DT Trysten Hill recorded one tackle and hit Seahawks QB Russell Wilson once in their 38-31 loss to the Griffin twins and the Seahawks.
- Seahawks LB Shaquem Griffin made his 2020 debut after being promoted from the practice squad Saturday. Griffin had one pass defensed and one QB hit in the win.
- Shaquem’s brother Shaquill had himself a game. He recorded a team-high 11 tackles and picked off Dak Prescott to get his first interception since 2018 in the win. Here’s another look at the pick:
Shaquill Griffin reads the route and jumps in front for an interception! @ShaquillG | #Seahawks— NFL (@NFL) September 27, 2020
: #DALvsSEA on FOX
: NFL app // Yahoo Sports app: https://t.co/9RobDGGsOD pic.twitter.com/N1pYqCjiiB
- Jets WR Breshad Perriman and Broncos CB A.J. Bouye were injured and did not play Sunday. Chances are they will remain out of the lineup when their teams face each other on Thursday Night Football this week. Vikings CB Mike Hughes also did not play Sunday due to a neck injury he suffered last week against the Colts.
- Saints RB Latavius Murray led the Saints in carries (12) and piled up 58 yards in the running game in the Saints’ 37-30 loss. He also caught one pass for seven yards.
- Saints WR Tre’Quan Smith caught four passes for 42 yards in the loss to the Packers on Sunday Night Football.