The UCF Knights (26-3, 14-1 AAC, 7-Seed) are in back in action at Gempel Pavilion in Storrs, Connecticut, for their NCAA Second Round game with the 2-seed UConn Huskies (26-5, 16-1 Big East, 2-Seed). The winner heads to the Sweet 16.
Let’s get ready:
When: 9 p.m. ET
Where: Gampel Pavilion, Storrs, Connecticut
- UCF is 0-13 all-time vs. UConn.
- However, this is the first meeting since UConn left The American for the Big East in 2020.
- The last time UConn got knocked out in the Second Round was in 1992. They are 28-2 all-time in that round.
- UConn’s last loss at Gampel Pavilion was to #3 Oregon on February 3, 2020.
- In fact, it’s been 14 years since UConn failed to make the Final Four.
- The last two meetings in 2020, UCF lost to UConn twice, by 7 and 13 points. The prior 11 meetings, the closest UCF got was 18 points.
- Absolutely none of this matters. Let’s go.
Follow the Action
Join the all-new UCF Knights Community on Twitter!
Black & Gold Banneret has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.